Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wearing novelty thicker with each day

I've been looking for good staff spinning videos on the net for inspiration, but most of them I see are not very impressive. I've only been practicing for a year, and I've yet to see in real life anyone who's as good as me. That's not to brag, it's just that it's not as popular as poi is; I like how I have the benefit of novelty in this sense. When I think about visual artists or musicians who have been practicing their art for 10 or 20 years, it makes me imagine how mind-blowing this could get if I keep it up. One video that impressed me (but didn't quite blow me away) was this video on Google Video, so far probably the best I've seen (but I know there's more talented staffers out there). On a related note, my friend showed me some crazy hoola-hooping videos from GrooveHoops.

No comments: