Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hit the Play Button

I'm sitting inside on a beautiful morning coding my imaGEneration software (see "My Photos" on the right for some sample results). The goal is to get it GPL'd and eventually integrate it with Inkscape. The fact that I didn't get into Google's Summer of Code for this project has somehow driven me to work on this even more. I guess I just love working for Free. Maybe some day soon I'll get paid to play so I can work for Free.

Currently downloading onto my computer is the movie Elephant's Dreamwhich is :
the world’s first open movie, made entirely with open source graphics software such as Blender, and with all production files freely available to use however you please, under a Creative Commons license.
This is going to be a great hit on the Free Culture scene. Which reminds me, the movie Alternative Freedoms will be comming out pretty soon. Also in production is the film Copyright Criminals .

Well, that sun is calling me. I think it's time to go practice my works of play.

No comments: