Friday, May 26, 2006

Open Source Beer

So, what to show... well, my blood was boiling today, due partially to some major disappointments in my life recently, but I decided to simmer down and keep that to myself.

Today I went to a particularly bubbling GOSLING meeting. It's so nice to have a bunch of experienced Open Source activists meeting every Friday for beers a block away from my house. Even though I'm not a government employee, I'm still very welcome there.

At this meeting I met The Parliment Hillbillies, who do a podcast about political issues in Canada. One of the members spoke of his experience with request for access to information concerning the lack of security checks for the software used for collecting the online census.

Now I'm going to continue working on some projects that are nagging at me.

No comments: